Sustainability is at the heart of Bertie's.
We are committed to securing the planet for future generations. We are committed to reducing our
environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral part of our
business strategy and operating methods.
We will encourage our couples, suppliers and team to do the same.
We endevour to:
- Comply with and exceed all relevant requirements.
- Continually improve and monitor environmental performance.
- Continually improve and reduce environmental impacts.
- Incorporate environmental factors into business decisions.
- Increase employee awareness and training.
Energy and Water
- We will seek to reduce the amount of energy used as much as possible.
- Lights and electrical equipment will be switched off when not in use.
- Heating will be adjusted with energy consumption in mind.
- The energy consumption and efficiency of new products will be taken into account when purchasing.
- We use low-energy light bulbs and fair trade, eco-friendly products in all our rooms.
- We aim to serve local food and beverages where possible to decrease our carbon footprint.
- All food is local and ethically sourced.
- Our breakfasts are made with products with the eggs and meat coming from local farms.
- At Bertie's, we keep the use of plastics to a minimum and aim to become waste neutral in this
respect. This means we do not use
- single-use plastics such as straws and plastic water bottles.
- We offer water in glass bottles that we reuse.
- We will minimise the use of paper in the office.
- We will reduce packaging as much as possible.
- We will reuse and recycle all paper where possible.
- Encourage potential clients to use our website as an information point rather than printing and
Our highly trained team are employed within the area, and 95% live within a 5 mile radius of